Services: Visitor visa (TRV)| Immigration Consulting | Foreign Worker Recruitment | LMIA Jobs | Saskatchewan - GreenTech Resources and GTR Worldwide Canada
Follow Us

Services: Visitor visa (TRV)| Immigration Consulting | Foreign Worker Recruitment | LMIA Jobs | Saskatchewan

Services: Visitor visa, temporary resident visa (TRV), IMM 5256 | Work permits, LMIA | Immigration Consulting | Foreign Worker Recruitment | LMIA Jobs | Saskatchewan

Free Assessment Form

Find out if you qualify under any of Immigration Programs.

Click Here

Visitor Visa (TRV), Immigration Consulting, Foreign Worker Recruitment, Visas, LMIA Jobs, Student Visa, Work Permits in Saskatchewan

To make your entry passage to Canada easier and smoother, our visa consultancy services in Canada offer a wide range of immigration services. We not only assist you in getting your visa but also provide services including recruitment, immigration, study visa, work permit, job search, finding a home and getting the SIN number. Some of our premium services can be summarized as mentioned here.

Visitor Visa | Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Services | IMM 5256

Who are Visitors?

Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:

  • visit Canada on holiday (vacation),
  • visit family,
  • conduct business, etc.

Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions.

Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa?

Persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may require a visa to enter Canada. The requirement for a visa also applies to temporary residents who are transiting in Canada. Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, you may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Find out if you need an eTA.

What is a Temporary Resident Visa?

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

Important information: You must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before your departure. You cannot obtain one upon arrival in Canada.

What are the requirements you must meet for a TRV?

You must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.

You must also:

  • satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

What if I was previously granted permanent resident status?

If you have ever been granted permanent residence or landed immigrant status in Canada, you may still be a permanent resident. We cannot issue you a TRV if you are a permanent resident.

You may instead want to apply for Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad). If you meet the requirements for a travel document, you can return to Canada as a permanent resident.

If you no longer want to be a permanent resident, or if you know you do not meet the requirements to keep your permanent resident status, you can voluntarily give up (renounce) your permanent resident status in order to apply for a TRV.

Voluntary Renunciation of PR status applications must be sent in a separate envelope by mail to the visa office.

We recommend that you apply for Voluntary Renunciation of your PR status first, and apply for your TRV once you receive the approval of your Voluntary Renunciation.

Entry to Canada

Important information: Entry to Canada is a privilege, not a right. You must meet the necessary requirements and you may need a Temporary Resident Visa.

Family member definitions

Your family members include your spouse or common-law partner, your dependent children and any children that are their dependent children.


Refers to either of the two persons (opposite or same gender) in a marriage legally recognized in the country in which it took place, as well as in Canada.

Proxy, telephone, fax, internet and similar forms of marriage where one or both parties were not physically present are no longer considered as valid spousal relationships under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. For more information, consult our policy on the legality of a marriage.


Common-law partner

Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same gender), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.

This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, support each other financially and emotionally, have children together, or present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year but are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country or who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may still qualify and should be included on the application.

Dependent children

We assess your child’s eligibility as a dependant based on how old they were at a specific point in time, called the lock-in date. This is usually the date we received your application. To see if your child qualifies as a dependant, we consider the age of your child on the lock-in date, even though your child’s age may change during processing.

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below on the lock-in date:

  • They’re under 22 years old, and
  • They don’t have a spouse or common-law partner

Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

  • They have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • They are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

With the exception of age, dependants must continue to meet these requirements until we finish processing your application.

Not sure if your child is a dependant? Check if your child qualifies by answering a few questions.

If your child’s age was locked in on or before October 23, 2017, a previous definition of dependent children may apply.

Dependent child of a dependent child

Refers to children of dependent children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.

Do I have to apply separately for my family members?

Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.

Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada.

Are there medical requirements?

If you plan to visit or study for six months or less:

You usually do not need a medical exam.

If you plan to visit or study for more than six months:

You will need a medical exam if you:

  • have lived temporarily for six or more months in a row
    • in any of these countries or territories
    • in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.)

Regardless of the length of time you are in Canada, you will need a medical exam if you wish to work in one of the following fields:

  • a designated occupation, such as the field of health services or with children. Examples of designated occupations include hospital staff, clinical laboratory workers, patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes, and medical and dental students admitted to attend Canadian universities;
  • to work in agricultural occupations, you will need a medical exam if you have lived in certain countries or territories.

You and your family members may need a medical exam to come to Canada. Find out more by checking the Medical examination requirements for temporary residents.

You may either:

  • have an upfront medical exam by contacting a Panel Physician; or
  • wait until your application is reviewed and medical instructions are given to you by the visa office.

Get the instructions to complete the medical exam.

When medical results are submitted up front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to ask for them at a later date. This is done at your own cost and does not influence the final decision on your application. If you have an upfront medical exam, you must submit proof that you completed the medical exam with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays.


Create your document checklist

To create your document checklist, decide how you will apply and follow the corresponding instructions down below.

If you are applying online

  1. Create a MyCIC account on the IRCC website.
  2. Complete the questionnaire to generate a checklist of application forms and required documents.

Important: When answering the question “what would you like to do in Canada?” on the online questionnaire, please answer “study” to the question. Answering “visit” will generate the wrong document checklist.

  1. After completing the questionnaire, you will be guided to a screen titled “Your document checklist“.  

If you are applying by paper

If applying by paper, see document checklist [IMM5721].

Get your TRV

You will need to mail your passport to get your TRV.

Important: Do not send your passport before IRCC sends you a written request to send your passport.

 How to mail your passport

  1. Purchase two Canada Post Xpresspost prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost-National envelopes at any Canada Post location. (e.g., the University Village pharmacy at 5754 University Blvd.)
  2. Put one envelope with your address inside the other so that the IRCC can return your passport securely.

If your contact information changes after submitting your application, be sure to update it via IRCC’s webform.

If you need help

Before submitting your application

Attend an Application Review session to go over required documents, learn how to fill out the form, avoid common mistakes, get your questions answered, and leave the session ready to submit your applications. Sessions are available weekly.

Book a review session

If you have questions

International Student Advising is ready to support you on questions related to immigration, health insurance, and life as an international student in Canada.

Connect with an advisor

International Student Guide

Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at


Immigration Services

There are almost 60 immigration programs for Canada that has been introduced by the Federal Government of Canada and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), with each targetting a particular section of people. While skilled workers can apply under the Express Entry programs, like Federal Skilled Program and PNP, temporary workers can also apply under the different programs available for them like the temporary worker program. The student visa allows 20 work hours per week, whereas the family sponsorship program allows immigrants residing in Canada sponsor a family member like spouse, parent or dependent children. Some of the most common immigration programs are stated as follows:

Federal Skilled Worker Program

Federal Skilled Traders Program

Provincial Nominee Program

Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers Program

Atlantic Pilot Program

LMIA Permit Program for Less-skilled Workers

Temporary Work Program

Canada Experience Class

Quebec Experience Class

Federal Self-employed Programs

Entrepreneur Program

Start-up Visa Program

Family Sponsorship Program

Refugee Sponsorship Program

Student Visa Program

Tourist Visa Program

As one of the leading Canada immigration consultants we have provisions that allow you to apply for the all the above-mentioned programs and many more. Since each of the programs is suited for particular groups of people and has qualification criteria specific to it, it is important to identify the one that meets your eligibility to prevent denial. Our experts guide you to make the right choice of program to immigrate to Canada.

Employment Services

The booming economy of Canada is a testimony to the ever growing job sector. Over the last few years, the country has experienced a surge in the number of jobs, especially in the hospitality industry, retail industry and Information Technology. The service sector has been enjoying the most growth with the most number of vacancy and GDP generation, as compared to the industrial sector and agricultural sector.

According to a report released by the Labor Department of Canada in April 2018, there are almost 407,000 job vacancies in Canada. Most of the jobs are concentrated in the major cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary and Quebec. The unemployment rate in these big cities is hence lower, as compared to smaller provinces. This trend has been attributed to the lack of availability of skilled workforce in Canada. By employing immigrants, the companies are trying to fill in the gap extensively.

Other than skilled workers, temporary workers can also find an array of jobs in the country. Students who look for part-time jobs find the most in the hospitality and retail sector, where the pay is considerably paid.

Canada is known for a low level of income disparity. As of October 2017, the minimum wage is CAD 11.15, which is to further rise to CAD 11.35 from October 2018. The rise in the wage has ensured an almost equal standard of living amongst the people.

Immigrants who are looking to find a job in Canada can avail our employment services. We help the immigrants get connected with different job portals and send them regular updates on the availability of jobs.

Though the prerequisite for a job is determined by the company, there are a few common parameters for immigrants. Being fluent in either English or French (better if it is both), proper education qualification and prior experience are absolutely necessary. For immigrants going to Quebec, it is important to possess Level 4 knowledge in French.

Other than helping immigrants find proper employment services, we also connect start-ups with Canadian investors. We offer business consultancy services as well.

Post-landing Services

Getting a job and subsequently a visa to Canada might seem like a task, however, the real ordeal starts once you get off the plane. Once you start living in the country, a plethora of work has to be done. From house hunting to getting the SIN number, all of these ensure a smooth stay for the immigrant in the country.

To provide you with further relief, we offer a bunch of post-landing services.

Airport Pickup: Our agent will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to the hotel.

Accommodation: Once you settle comfortably in the country, which is within 2 or 3 days, our agent helps you look for a house. For students who don’t avail the hostel services can search for shared apartments. Families can look for houses in the premium areas. Our focus is to help you find your dream house in the country but within a budget.

Opening a bank account: Canada has an advanced financial system, and it is important to open an account in any of the local banks in the country to pay your bills and manage your finance. Our services cover this particular facility as well.

SIN number: The Social Insurance Number is a nine-digit number that is allotted to everyone who has a job in the country. The SIN number helps you avail benefits and government programs in the country. It is of utmost importance that you get this number with 90 days of living in the country. We help you get your SIN as early as possible.

Medical Insurance: All immigrants travelling to Canada need to have a medical insurance. However, for those who don’t have an international health care coverage, we help them find the best programs available. Our agents also help fill in the documents, submit the fee and make a proper application in lieu of the rules set by the Federal Government.

Other services like securing a driving license and finding schools for the children are also offered. An orientation program is also arranged to welcome you to the country with warm hearts.

Canada is a wonderful country to live in, and we aim to make the transition smooth and hassle-free.

Immigrate to Canada

All foreign workers and employers have to undergo proper channels and eligibility criteria before the employment begins in Canada. This is crucial because all foreign workers need a permit. The permit issued to the workers depends on the kind of program they qualify for. There different I types of Canadian Work Permits. If you are looking for jobs in future you can Search Canada Jobs in Demand here

read more

The number of foreign students who choose to complete their higher education from Canada has increased significantly over the last few decades, with an 11% rise in foreign student enrollment. Offering top-quality education in internationally renowned colleges, the cost of living, a rich and vibrant life along with affordable tuition fees for the institutions make Canada a leading destination for students. Ask us…. click here !

read more

There are several programs which are specifically introduced for the Business Class, who can significantly contribute to the Canadian economy. This includes entrepreneurs, investors, start-ups or self-employed people who are interested in venturing into the Canadian market and contribute using their business acumen and skills. Ask us for more information. Click here

read more

Getting a visa is just the first step towards a new life that you envision to start in Canada. There are several other factors which need to be considered like finding a house, preparing entry at the airport, understanding the laws of the country and getting a clear picture of the obligations that are imposed on the citizens. Ask us how we can help… here !

read more